Looking for international business?
Dealing with overseas markets is becoming an increasingly hot topic for many manufacturers in the home enhancement sector and BHETA is in a perfect position to pull together the necessary information to enable its members to succeed.
Whether you are an experienced exporter or taking your first tentative steps outside these shores BHETA can offer assistance and add value to members in a number of different ways.
As members of fediyma (European DIY Manufacturer’s Association) we are closely involved with EDRA (European Retailer’s Association) and as a result have a lot of key contacts across Europe.
Key elements of our international package for members
- Close links with the US President’s Council and the Worldwide DIY Council to assist members with forging business links in North America
- Strong retail connections and contacts in a variety of countries
- Access to the Director of European Affairs – happy to advise and help with relevant retail contacts across mainland Europe
- Regular store tours in target overseas markets
- Close affiliations with Trade Associations and media around the world
- Work closely with the UKT&I to help provide grants and funding for members to attend overseas exhibitions
- Actively involved in all major trade exhibitions including Ambiente (Frankfurt), Practical World (Cologne), National Hardware Show (Las Vegas) and International Housewares Association Show (Chicago)
- BHETA can provide product, competitor, pricing and promotional information from regular European store visits
- ‘Meet the buyer’ events with key overseas retailers and introductory Skype meetings with “long haul” destinations
- World DIY Report (an overview of all the significant markets across the world and details of the major retail players)
- European DIY Reports
- GfK Consumer reports across a variety of European markets
- North American market reports
Useful website links
UK Trade & Investment
“Talk to UKTI, because wherever you’re looking at, they’ll have a specialist in that area…there’s always someone with the answers you need” Graham Cartledge CBE, Chairman, Benoy
British Chambers of Commerce
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) is a powerful and influential Network of Accredited Chambers of Commerce across the UK.
European Federation of DIY Manufacturers (fediyma)
With the DIY – including the gardening sector – business becoming increasingly global, it is important that European manufacturers and suppliers have access to the strength and support of a European federation.
Export service providers
- Logistics & Freight forwarding – Action International
- Logistics & Freight forwarding – AM & PM Transportation
- Travel – Expose Travel Management Ltd
- Translation Services – Jet Interlingual
Members should contact the BHETA team for more information or to access the market reports. Contact BHETA on 0121 237 1130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org