Looking for international business?
Dealing with overseas markets is becoming an increasingly hot topic for many manufacturers in the home enhancement sector and BHETA is in a perfect position to pull together the necessary information to enable its members to succeed.
BHETA has been working with member companies to improve their international trade by putting companies in touch with the right people to deal with, offering advice on grants, setting up meetings or providing a single source of information and intelligence for UK companies seeking help.
As members of fediyma (European DIY Manufacturer’s Association) we are closely involved with EDRA (European Retailer’s Association) and as a result have a lot of key contacts across Europe.
International services and benefits for members:
- Strong retail connections and contacts in a variety of countries
- Access to the Director of European Affairs – happy to advise and help with relevant retail contacts across mainland Europe
- Close affiliations with Trade Associations and media around the world
- Work closely with the UKTI to help provide grants and funding for members to attend overseas exhibitions
- Actively involved in all major trade exhibitions including Ambiente (Frankfurt), Internationale Eisenwarrenmesse (Cologne), National Hardware Show (Las Vegas) and International Housewares Association Show (Chicago)
- BHETA can provide product, competitor, pricing and promotional information from regular European store visits
- International BHETA ‘Meet the Buyer’ events with key overseas retailers and introductory Skype meetings with “long haul” destinations
International market reports
- World DIY Report (an overview of all the significant markets across the world and details of the major retail players)
- European DIY Reports
- GfK Consumer reports across a variety of European markets
- North American market reports
The reports are available to all BHETA members at a discounted rate. In you need any further information please contact BHETA Member Services on 0121 237 1130 or email email@example.com
Useful website links
UK Trade & Investment
“Talk to UKTI, because wherever you’re looking at, they’ll have a specialist in that area…there’s always someone with the answers you need” Graham Cartledge CBE, Chairman, Benoy
British Chambers of Commerce
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) is a powerful and influential Network of Accredited Chambers of Commerce across the UK.
European Federation of DIY Manufacturers (fediyma)
With the DIY – including the gardening sector – business becoming increasingly global, it is important that European manufacturers and suppliers have access to the strength and support of a European federation.
Export service providers
- Travel Management – Dovetail Foks Tel: +44 (0)207 025 1515 – visit website
- Translation Services – Tel: +44 (0)1323 760326
- Foreign Exchange Services – AFEX Associated Foreign Exchange Tel: +44 (0)207 004 3939
- Messe Frankfurt Tel: +44 (0)1784 415950 – www.messefrankfurt.com
- International Housewares Association – visit website
- See also BHETA’s Exhibitions calendar – visit calendar
Members should contact the BHETA team for more information or to access the market reports.
For further information contact:
BHETA Member Services
Tel: 0121 237 1130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org